Mission & Vision
The Medicine Hat Women's Shelter Society is a non-profit board run organization. Our services are available at no cost and we serve Medicine Hat and surrounding area.
Our VisionAll individuals live free from violence and abuse.
Our MissionThe Medicine Hat Women's Shelter Society supports individuals impacted by family violence by providing them with safe shelter, education, advocacy and access to community resources. We are committed to social change by providing programs and services that promote treating all people with respect and dignity.
Our Guiding Principals
- We believe that violent and abusive behavior is a deliberate choice;
- We honor that victims always respond and resist to abuse and violence;
- We believe that people have the capacity to change;
- We are committed to providing a positive social response to every person;
- We believe in providing a social responsible and financial accountable organization to the community;
- We value innovative practices and strong advocacy that offers a strong public voice;
- We believe that dedicated and compassionate staff can effect change.